This easy crab cake recipe won’t take you much time to cook it. If you have only 30 minutes in advance and all the ingredients needed, you should try it. There are some tips which can help you to do your best.
1. So, first of all, for this easy crab cake recipe you’ll need:
- A food processor or a chopper
- A bowl and a flat plate
- A frying pan of a middle size
2. Ingredients for this easy crab cake recipe are:
- 250 g crabmeat
- 2-3 eggs
- 1¾ cup breadcrumbs (or you may use rice crackers)
- 1 lime
- 1 red chili (or you may take ½ tablespoon dried chili)
- 3 onions
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic salt
- ¾ cup olive oil for frying
3. First of all, prepare crab meat for cooking. Remove shells and cartilage. Put crabmeat into your food processor. Add 1 egg, a cup of breadcrumbs, lime zest, chili, onions, fish sauce and salt to the taste. Combine all the ingredients. You still have some breadcrumbs. Do not add the whole amount to avoid extra-dried substance. It should be appropriate to form cakes, so add breadcrumbs gradually.
4. Form cakes in your hands. An approximate size of the cakes should be about 2 or 3 inches in diameter. Place them on a plate and put aside for a couple of minutes.
5. Take a bowl and put 1 or 2 eggs in it and stir them with a whisk. Take a flat plate to mix breadcrumbs with garlic salt in it.
6. It is recommended to take a frying pan of a middle size. As cakes should be fried in oil, a bigger one will take much more oil. So, pour oil into the pan and heat it for nearly 1 minute.
7. Before frying dip the cakes into the egg substance first, then into the plate with breadcrumbs. Put the crab cakes into hot oil. Fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the edges become golden brown.
5 Tips From An Experienced Cook
- For this easy crab cake recipe you may use either fresh or canned crab meat. There is nearly no difference in taste.
- You can use 3 kaffir lime leaves instead of lime zest. Leaves give cakes an unforgettable taste. But if you don’t have them, lime zest will be ok.
- Instead of an egg you may use 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. The choice depends on your preferences because the main reason for using them is to hold the substance together.
- After frying put your cakes on a paper towel to adsorb extra oil.
- It is recommended to serve crab cakes with Thai sweet chili sauce. They will be delicious!