Phillips as a giant in seafood production
Established in 1914 Phillips has been working towards fulfilment of its motto: “Making Sea Food a Bigger Part of Life”. Indeed nowadays Phillips has turned into one of the largest manufacturers and restaurateurs of seafood. Unusual flavors and quality proteins make their products truly delicious. Driven by food passion Phillips always keeps to its core values, such as innovation, safety and quality. Crab cake recipes from Phillips are vivid illustrations of how food passion can be put into life.
Traditional Phillips crab cake recipe
- 0,5 kg fresh crabmeat (presumably Phillips);
- 2 eggs;
- half a cup breadcrumbs;
- 3 teaspoons melted butter;
- 3 teaspoons mustard;
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard;
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (made of anchovies, tamarinds, garlic, vinegar, chillies, shallots, cloves, and sugar);
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise;
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice;
- 1 teaspoon parsley;
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (for example, Old Bay Seasoning).
It is possible to make 6-8 cakes with these ingredients.
Phillips crab cake recipe: preparation process
- Take a medium bowl.
- Mix all ingredients except crabmeat.
- Add crabmeat and stir carefully with the help of spatula.
- Shape cakes of desired form.
- Take a frying pan.
- Fry over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes per each side.
- You can add olive oil for crispiness.
- Other way: bake crab cakes for 12-15 min at 375 o F.
- Enjoy your meal.
Useful information on
A 70g crab cake has approximately 190 calories. 120 calories among them are produced by fat, which comprises 13 g in each cake. The recommended by nutritional specialists amount of daily intake of fat is 65 g. You can see that crab cakes are really rich in fat.
Crab cakes are also rich in protein (around 11 g in each cake) and carbohydrates (around 6 g in each cake).
Crab cakes contain a relatively high amount of cholesterol (around 75 mg in each cake) and sodium (450 mg in each cake).
Vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron are also present in crab cakes in small amounts.
How to make the best crab cake?
Phillips kindly offers a number of tips how to cook the most delicious crab cake at home.
- Always take crabmeat of the highest quality. It should be moist and have a slight seawater smell. Make sure that it is fresh and doesn’t have mushy consistence. Only fresh meat guarantees unforgettable taste.
- Jumbo lumps or their mixture with back fin will look really superb on plates and amaze your guests.
Claw crabmeat is perfect for picnics and family lunches. It allows you to reduce the cost without reducing the quality of taste.
- If you are going to use large lumps of crabmeat, handle them carefully while combining with other ingredients not to lose original form. Remember that crabmeat requires very delicate and gentle treatment.
- Use only the best ingredients to enhance the taste of crabmeat. It is highly recommended to use fresh herbs instead of dried and fresh citrus juice instead of bottled.
- Form crab cakes with your palms and fingertips; be gentle not to ruin the structure. Add large crabmeat lumps last to preserve their size.
- After portioning the ingredients, cover your rough crab cakes with plastic wrap and put into the fridge. By doing this you will let the ingredients set together and ensure maintenance of the original shape, which will not be destroyed by baking or frying.
By following these tips from Phillips chefs you can easily prepare nutritious Phillips crab cake recipe at home and treat your family and friends to true delicacy.